Your information is important to UNITED COCONUT PLANTERS LIFE ASSURANCE CORPORATION (“Cocolife”, for brevity), its subsidiaries, affiliates and related parties (collectively referred as “Cocolife”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We believe in the responsible use of information we collect about individuals.
We handle your Personal Data in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173, known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” (DPA) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations issued by the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
Cocolife recognizes the importance of your rights as a Data Subject under the DPA:
1. Right to be informed
2. Right to object
3. Right to access
4. Right to correct
5. Right to rectification, erasure or blocking
6. Right to damages
7. Right to data portability
Personal Information, under the DPA, refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Vital to our service is the collection of your personal information which may include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Your name, nationality, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, unique identifiers, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, visual recordings and other information as part of our dealings with you.
2. Your résumé, reflecting your educational background and employment history when you seek employment with us.
3. Your credit card information when you avail our products and services.
4. Your company information, performance, work history and capital when you partner with us.
5. Information you submitted when you contact our sales or customer relations agents for update of your information; in relation to your inquiries or requests; when you participate in our survey, discount, event information and prize promotion; when you refer a person to verify the information you provided to us; when you visit and connect to our websites and social media pages.
When you provide information other than yours, you certify that you obtained their consent to disclose and process those information of your parents, spouse, children, dependent or about another person.
Cocolife uses the personal information you submit to us, fairly and lawfully, only to:
1. Arrange the products and services we offer that you availed from us.
2. Communicate our latest products, services, promos and events that will enhance your client experience.
3. Respond immediately to your needs, requests, queries and complaints.
4. Comply with the law and all legal orders and processes.
5. Perform the necessary processes in conducting due diligence and documentation.
6. Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
We may share your personal information only to the extent that is reasonable and necessary, to:
1. Our employees and officers handling your orders and requests.
2. Our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, joint ventures and other related parties for related purposes provided in this policy.
3. Banks, Insurers and Professional advisers performing due diligence checks.
4. Any third-party service providers performing financial, administrative, technical and other ancillary services.
5. Government institution and other competent ities which by law, rules or regulations requires us to disclose.
6. Person or entity that we contractually entered with, that ensures the confidentiality standard we implement and adhere to the DPA.
7. Any person that fall within matters of public concern, in order to carry out functions of public ity only to the extent of collection and further processing consistent with a constitutionally or statutorily mandated function pertaining to law enforcement, taxation and other regulatory function.
Cocolife preserves your personal information:
1. To the extent necessary in keeping track of your records
2. To the extent agreed upon by the parties to a contract.
3. For statistical, research and other purposes specifically ized by law.
To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information, we have implemented measures to secure and protect it from theft, loss, penetration or breach. We put in place organizational, physical and technical security measures necessary to protect your personal information:
1. Use of secured servers, firewalls, encryptions and other latest security tools.
2. Limited access to personal information to those duly ized processors. All transfers are made after complying with the established confidentiality policy and practices in place.
3. Maintaining a secured server operating environment by performing regular security patch update and server hardening.
A cookie is a small piece of file which originates from a website. It is transferred to the user’s hard drive to record the user’s browsing activity. These are designed to remember pieces of information when users enter certain websites. Essentially, cookies will help you in browsing our site easier by, among other things, saving your name, addresses, passwords and other references.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some delay in browsing our website, it will not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Cocolife may periodically update or amend this policy in order to adhere to new and existing laws affecting the DPA, including any change or improvement we establish to secure your personal information.
Postal Address: 8/F COCOLIFE Building, Ayala Avenue, Makati City
Telephone Number: 812-9015 local 108
Email Address: email@example.com